Personal hygiene is essential for your physical and mental health, as well as benefiting your baby’s health.
If you are pregnant, please consider the following:
- Highlighting or dying of hair is considered safe during any trimester of pregnancy, but we recommend you wait until after the first trimester
- Avoid any products containing phthalates, parabens, oxybenzone, and / or triclosan
- Look for products marked “fragrance free”
- Manicures and pedicures are safe
- Prenatal massages by a Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist are permitted; some facilities may require a doctor’s letter
Hot tubs, saunas, steam rooms, tanning beds, and
spray tans should be avoided during pregnancy.